Ankündigung

Einklappen
Keine Ankündigung bisher.

One of my working weeks (Ein von meinen Arbeitswochen)

Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• One of my working weeks (Ein von meinen Arbeitswochen)

A typical working week for me;

Monday, after I sort out the loads and get the drivers away, it's time to do the wages, catch up on paperwork and then finally get out on the road myself. First drop is Rutherglen with furnishings, next door to this is a classic car repair shop;

Another drop just up the road in Dalmarnock, then head north of the clyde to Spiers Wharf an old warehouse site on the banks of the Forth & Clyde canal which is now flats. Unfortunately this delivery is for an office and they have no means to get the stuff off, so it all has to stay on the lorry and will eventually get redelivered on a tail-lift truck later in the week;

Drop off some timber at next drop then head along the Clydeside passed the new 'Squintie Bridge' (so called, because it crosses the Clyde at an angle)

Under the rail bridge over the Clyde

Collect ingots at Cohen alloys, then head down to Diageo at Kilmarnock. Here's one of their Daf's liveried up in the Johnny Walker colours;

Then I head up towards Stewarton, to collect a wind turbine bound for America from the premises of Proven Energy;

Then it's back up the M77 towards Glasgow;

Finish the day off at Davies Turners, Cumbernauld before going back to the yard to do the paperwork for tonights trunks.

Tuesday, sort out loads and then head off to Caledonian Plywood, where I bump in to two of our Dalgety based vehicles who are in to load plywood for Belgian company Middlegate;

Then it's down to irvine to drop off a pallet of steel at Universal Steels;

The pallets under it are for Kilmarnock and once they're tipped, I'm off up the A77 for Glasgow. On route I pass this Great Yarmouth based Volvo hauling a turbine mast for a wind farm;

Two drops in Livingston follow, before heading to Broxburn to load fridges for London;

Back to the yard and time to do paperwork for tonights loads.

Wednesday, and the first drop is Lidl, after being re-routed to their secondary warehouse. I park up next this 50th anniversary liveried John G Mitchell MAN;

After tipping Lidl's, it's back to the yard to load again. Then I head for the Holiday Inn at Edinburgh Zoo with a load of carpets;

The view across to the Pentland Hills doesn't look to great today;

I'm heading for a collection at Pure Malt Products at Haddington, I used to stay just round the corner from their factory.

This is the route into the town;

Then the town centre;

Heading towards Victoria Bridge, with the maltings on the left;

I'm loading at their warehouse on the opposite side of the road from the maltings;

Then back round the bypass, past the pentland Hills and the dri ski slope;

Before picking up a pallet of whisky at Glenmorangie, Broxburn (Glenmorangie is Gaellic for 'Sea of Tranquility');

Leaving Glenmorangie;

Another two collections at Broxburn, then back to the yard to finsih loading and do paperwork before going home.

Thursday flies in, all the deliveries are done and the first collection is Schenkers at Hillington to collect 10 ton of groupage, surprisingly it's all in and I'm loaded and gone in twenty minutes. Next up is Mizuno at Cumbernauld, then round the corner to Davies Turners. Here I borrow there forklift, as the Schenkers goods are first delivery down in London, so I move it from the front of the trailer to the back;

Turners stuff is loaded on the front, then I head back to our yard. There is still another pallet for Turners, but they are going to drop that off in our yard;

Friday, I'm in early and after sorting out the loads. I've tipped two drops and arrive at my first collection all in Cumbernauld before 8am. The collection is not ready so I think breakfast is the order of the day. Loaded and on my way, next up is the Morrisons RDC at Bellshill. One of their forklifts has had a little accident;

After tipping I join the queue waiting for paperwork (the checkers aren't very fast, however I complained when I first went in and surprisingly my paperwork takes only 10 minutes!);

Next up is Albion Chemicals new plant at Cambuslang;

Then I nip into Cohen alloys to collect some ingots before they break for lunch, then I head down to Irvine to collect a load of racking. Back up to Inchinnan to drop off some fabric at Eclipses bilnds factory then back out onto the motorway, as the slip road is shut, we're diverted via Linwood and back down the flyover past the airport;

Final delivery is the Glasgow Harbour site on the Clydeside;

Opposite this site is the factory of BAE Systems, where the Royal Naval ship HMS Lyme Bay is being moved around in her berth when I arrive;

The next stage of this site is being cleared, this Malcolm plant dumper is on 'muckaway' duty;

The Clydeside Expressway is busy with rush hour traffic when I leave and makes slow going, so I take a couple photo's of Glasgow landmarks; The Finnieston Crane, preserved as a reminder of the Clydes once famous industrial past;

The Glasgow Armadillo concert hall, so called because of it's resemblance to the animal, although it is actually based on the Sydney Opera House;

Back to the yard and one of our customers has arranged for goods to get delivered direct from a site to us for our trunk. This Scania rigid Hiab from Fraser Dunlop has been given the job;

With everything loaded up, it's time to go and do the paperwork, unfortunately it will be a late finish tonight as it's just 18:30 the now. Normally Friday's I manage to get home at a reasonable time, no luck tonight. Oh well maybe next week..

[/i]

Again , many thanks woodie for all the nice pic's :cheers:
    Liebe Grüße
    Harry

Sei wie eine Briefmarke, klebe solange an deinem Vorhaben bist du dein Ziel erreicht hast.

Kommentar

Dieser Bericht ist Rekord verdächtig!!!
      Danke für diesen ausführlichen Bericht woodie und für die vielen Bilder.
      Ich selbst war ja auch erst letzte Woche bei dir in UK in Northampton und in Nottingham.

Kommentar

Ich hoffe, dass Sie Ihren Besuch zu Northampton genossen haben

Kommentar

Zitat von woodie
          wow woodie that was perfect German :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
          Liebe Grüße
          Harry

Sei wie eine Briefmarke, klebe solange an deinem Vorhaben bist du dein Ziel erreicht hast.

Kommentar

oh yes.. very nice to read.. i´m proud of you.. :clap: :clap: :clap:
            Hubraum statt Spoiler ;)

Wem das Wasser bis zum Hals steht,sollte den Kopf nicht hängen lassen :)

MVH Thomas

Kommentar

Zitat von woodie
              Ja woodie ich habe es genossen, denn in England ist es ein angenehmes Fahren nicht so stressig wie bei uns.
              Ich hatte nur ein großes Problem!
              Da ich das Wochenende in Straelen am Autohof stand und da fast mein ganzes Weißbier aufgebraucht habe, und am Montag in NL/ Tilburg für UK geladen habe, stand ich dann am Dienstag in Northampton ohne mein geliebtes ERDINGER und ich konnte auch nirgends eins kaufen!!!!

Kommentar

Ich werde Ihnen einen erdinger kaufen, wenn Sie nach Schottland kommen

p.s. Harry, I must thank the Google toolbar for the perfect German.. :D :D

Kommentar

Werde jetzt Mitglied in der BO Community

Einklappen

Online-Benutzer

Einklappen

42246 Benutzer sind jetzt online. Registrierte Benutzer: 37, Gäste: 42209.

Mit 100.487 Benutzern waren am 12.10.2023 um 11:51 die meisten Benutzer gleichzeitig online.

Ads Widget

Einklappen
                Lädt...
                X